This page may contain affliliate links. Purchasing the book through our affiliate link helps fund Thrive! at no additional cost to you. Affiliate links are marked with an asterisk*
Thrive roundtables are a discussion of workplace best practices, advice, strategy, and experiences. Each features an optional book selection that will drive the discussion. Read the book, or grab the executive summary, the round table will be a fun, engaging opportunity to discuss ideas and techniques.
- Discover .... new tools for personal and professional growth
- Connect ... with business colleagues and professionals from across industries
- Identify ... best practices and practical applications for your career and business
The Confidence Code: The Science and Art of Self-Assurance-What Women Should Know *
By: Katty Kay & Claire Shipman
Confidence. We know it when we see it or think we do. And we want it for ourselves. The authors of the New York Times bestseller Womenomics deconstruct this essential, elusive, and misunderstood quality and offer a blueprint to bring more of it into our lives. Does confidence come from our genes or can we learn it? Is it best demonstrated by bravado or is there another way to be confident? Is confidence more critical for success than competence? Why do so many women, even the most successful, seem to struggle with feelings of self-doubt?
Inspiring, insightful, and persuasive, The Confidence Code shows that by acting on our best instincts and by daring to be authentic, women can feel the transformative power of a life on confidence.
Ask your favorite local bookstore and library for availability or purchase the print or Kindle edition*
- Do I have to read the book to attend?
- Not at all. Before the event, you'll receive an executive summary and a helpful discussion guide for the book. Reading the book is great, but is not required. The roundtables are about discussing ideas, experiences, and best practices related to the book and the topic.
- How are books selected?
- Book recommendations come directly from members of the Thrive! community. If you have a book that's a great business read, suggest it! Even if your book is not chosen for the next roundtable, your name and recommendation will be featured on the official Thrive! Reading List sent to everyone via email. Share your recommendation.
- I have copies of business books I'm done with, can I share them?
- Absolutely! Bring your treasures to any Thrive! event and donate them to the lending library. At the end of the year, the Chamber will donate any books without a home. This is a great way to share books and materials that have helped you in your career. Please only share books you don't expect returned.
- When is the next roundtable?
- There will be a Business Book Roundtable May 18, 2017, 7:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. at the C. Burr Artz Library in the Community Room.
Recommend a Book
Contribute to Thrive!
Thrive is a collaborative group that needs active leaders. If you have an idea or want to be more involved in Thrive, contact Christy Butler at the Chamber. Sponsorship and hosting opportunities are available!
Using the Affiliate Links
The Frederick County Chamber of Commerce is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. When you make a purchase through an affiliate link, you pay the same amount as always, but our program gets a commission for the reccomendation. Thanks for supporting Thrive! and the Chamber.